Christmas in the Alps
- 4 bedroom / 2 bath condo / 2 floors
- Sleeps 8 (3 rooms with double beds, 1 room with 2 twin beds)
- Clean, simple but nice furnishings
- Full kitchen
- Short walk (less than 10 mins in ski boots) to the gondola
- Beautiful views!!
Grillkuchl +43 5285 63 126
- Austrian food served in a rustic restaurant on Hauptstraße, a main road through downtown Mayrhofen
- Expect wiener schnitzel and venison stew
Tiroler Stuben +43 5285 62791
- A lovely family run restaurant in the Landhaus Carla hotel
- The Christmas Eve set menu was our favorite meal in Mayrhofen
Wirtshaus Griena +43 5285 627 78
- The oldest restaurant in Mayrhofen with food far more refined than expected!
- When walking there from the center of town, you may get worried you are going the wrong way, but keep going! Its a little tough to find
Drinks, Snacks and Groceries
- Butcher shop – OMG yum – sausages and sandwiches
- We stopped here after skiing every day!
- Beer, mulled wine, Austrian pop music – yay
- We almost stayed here, so I was excited to check it out for after dinner drinks!
- Loved my cocktails, and the free cookies in the lobby
- Full grocery store with beer wine and liquor
- I went to a grocery store and bought wine wearing a ski helmet and forgot to take a picture – fail:(
- Sport 2000 Rent for Fun
- Right at the base of the gondola and super helpful ski shop guys
- Mayrhofen Piste Map
- Hintertuxer Glacier – about 30 mins on a twisty mountain road from Mayrhofen on the Green Line Bus, cold and windy at the top, even on a warm day! Worth the trip to experience glacier skiing!
Side trip to Innsbruck
Getting Innsbruck by train takes 1 1/2 hours and you have to switch trains once – the switch is very easy!
Useful links and articles I read
Mayrhofen.at – Resort Website highlights
Ski Mayrhofen – Telegraph article
TripAdvisor Review – Skiing info!
TripAdvisor Review 1 – General info on activities, dining and getting around
TripAdvisor Review 2 – General info on activities, dining and getting around
TripAdvisor Review 3 – General info on dining and getting around