I cannot stop singing Silver Bells (in my head) when walking around the London. I feel like the city brings the lyrics to life… “City sidewalks, busy sidewalks dress in holiday style, in the air there’s a feeling of Christmas …“.The song was written about NYC but I really feel like London really is the best at Christmastime!
Here are just a few of the ways you can embrace the Christmas cheer!
- Leadenhall Market Christmas Tree Lighting (welcoming the Christmas season)
- Dennis Sever House Silent Night Tour (a glimpse into Christmas past)
- Royal Albert Hall Christmas Singalong (an evening of festive cheer)
- Covent Garden Shopping (and since its London, stop for a pint or a cup of punch at Mr. Fogg’s)
- Experiment with British Baking (Mince Pies recipe here)
- Visit Hogwarts in the Snow (who wouldn’t want to experiences Christmas at Hogwarts)
- Visit a Christmas Market Exmouth Market Xmas (a neighborhood celebration)
- Ice skate at the Tower of London or Somerset House (wintry vibes with a historic backdrop)
- Southbank Christmas Festival (sweet treats and mulled wine)
- Taste the flavors of the season at Taste of London (and perhaps pick up a few presents)