One of the best things about market shopping, eating out and taking cooking classes around the world is bringing new ideas and recipes home! This is the basis for a new international cooking series I’m adding to my blog. When inspiration strikes, I’ll add a new travel inspired recipe. Today I’m starting with an adaptation of the butternut squash soup I made at Barcelona Cooking.
Butternut Squash & Pear Soup with Fig and Gorgonzola
Ingredients for Soup
- 1 medium to large butternut squash
- 3 pears
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
Ingredients for garnish
- 1 fig
- Gorgonzola to crumble
- Heat butter and olive oil over medium/high stove. Add chopped onion, butternut squash and pears. Saute for 10 minutes or until softening.
- Add the vegetable stock, plus salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth
- Top with thin slices of fig and crumbles of Gorgonzola