Golden sunsets, sapphire seas and red tile roofs – vivid photos alone are enough to convince anyone (everyone) to visit Dubrovnik. Why not take advantages of the shoulder season (May/June and September) to experience the Pearl of the Adriatic without the crowds.
- This happens: walking into Old Town for dinner, without another visitor in sight. With glowing lanterns and bats overhead, its easy to imagine stealing into Kings Landing.
- Restaurants are starting or ending the season, which means the staff are more relaxed and reservations are easy to come by.
- Speaking of dining, everyone seems to offer free food! An amuse-bouche here, a complementary dessert there, how about a glass of bubbly? Cheers!
- Cooler days inspire exploration. Why not venture out to Lokrum Island. Only a 15 min ferry ride from Old Town, its a funny little island full of curiosities: bunnies and peacocks, botanical gardens and a monastery, a mini dead sea, dramatic waves and of course a Game of Thrones exhibition.
- But there is plenty of time for sun and sea. Villa Dubrovnik takes care of both!
- You can walk the wall, grab a beer at Buza Bar and meander through the alleys of Old Town all without fighting hordes of cruise shippers.
- And this sunset …gorgeous any time of year